Thread: Baitcaster Float Rod for Salmon

Baitcaster Float Rod for Salmon

Although this is a centerpin forum, some of you might be interested in this baitcaster float rod for salmon. I built this rod for my wife to use on our trips to northern Michigan and as a back-up rod for myself, in the event I can’t use my centerpin rods. The blank is a MHX st1355 10-20#, 11’3”. Reel seat is a Fuji standard casting seat. Guides are Fuji alconite. Wraps are Pro Wrap NCP cobalt, summer sky and silver metallic. I set the guides in a Texas twist to get the most from spine of the blank.

nice build one of these days going have to have one of you talented artists build me a custom stick.

Nice work Bob. I have a pair of baitcast float rods, they actually see more use then my CP rods.

Nice work Bob, that should certainly work well, especially this year with the size of what has been being caught.

Spiel, How many times a year do the BC rods get used? 2 or 3 would be more than the CP's, you spend too much time at the bench.

D

Nice work bob! That stick will definitely have the power to turn em! When you planning to fish the manistee this year? Doing a guide again at all?

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodder46 View Post
    Nice work Bob, that should certainly work well, especially this year with the size of what has been being caught.

Spiel, How many times a year do the BC rods get used? 2 or 3 would be more than the CP's, you spend too much time at the bench.

D
    LOL....Correct on all accounts buddy.

Nice rod man! Keep us posted on how it works out. I might just build one for myself next season.

That is a sharp rod, that thread pops on that blank.....Getting ready for my first build