Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't You Hate This Guy?

Oh that's a good one😛

Have learned a bunch from the old timers on the river. They've got tonnes to teach ya, if you've got the ears to listen. Some of the times, all ya gotta do is "watch and learn". God bless them!

That old guy is my inspiration, hopefully I make it...

The OP was supposed to be a "tongue in cheek" first post on this forum, I'm actually one of the "ol' timers".

Welcome to the forum . i guess it was a misunderstanding. Sometimes when things are typed they sound so diffrent. No hard feelings , you really got a bunch of good people on this board. Tight lines

Thanks for the welcome, actually some great comments posted! On a side note, I did have my first good day this fall. 3 for 5 on steelies including a 12 pounder.

Awsome congrats!

Our local version of "that guy" handed me his favorite rod a few weeks back. CTS? Nope. Sage? Nope. He thinks it was a South Bend, probably a $25 rod. I'd bet there's been a couple thousand steelhead banked on it, probably several thousand walleyes too. Not to mention the kings, browns, cats and smallmouths that found there way to the bank via that same $25 rod. I received it broken just below the ferrule, complete with 3 guides which had been re-wrapped with sewing thread and a broken tip. I patched her up with a section from one of several other broken rods he gave me. I re-wrapped all the guides for him even though it wasn't requested. I'd be tickled pink to re-grip the ol' girl someday.

SAM_1239.jpgSAM_1240.jpgSAM_1238.jpgSAM_1238.jpg

Very cool, rod building/repair is something I've always been interested in. But I've got too many hobbies as it is.........