Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carrying floats

My Orvis sling pack has two slots which hold 6 floats of assorted sizes, which cover the fishing condition I might encounter. More than that is overkill for me. As for split shot, I carry all I need in a folding micro tackle box (can be purchased via centrepinangling.com), which also nicely fits into another slot in in the sling pack.

x2 on the glasses case. An old Maui Jim hard case with the zipper enclosure. Holds plenty of floats and all shapes/sizes.
    There are some other good ideas here that I may investigate as well.

Old plastic VHS cases work great, just getting hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by REG View Post
    Old plastic VHS cases work great, just getting hard to find.
    The old beta cases would be even better !!

I have a couple of cases that came with after-market car stereo units to put the removable faceplate in when you park. Work great, can carry several floats if you need to.

Small floats fit well in the small plastic eyeglasses case. For slightly bigger stuff, I put them in a plastic toothbrush case. My 2-10g floats fit well in them. I carry them prerigged for easy swapping or in case of a snag. For larger floats 11-20g, I use a trimmed up clear packing tube. There are lots of options for shapes, sizes, and closures. Itís an obsession really. I have them for just about everything.